Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Weight Loss

As I am feeling quite disgusting looking at myself in the mirror, it is time for me to lose some weight. As Donna Partow says, when the clothes get a little tight, it doesn't mean go buy more in a bigger size.
I actually weigh more today than I did the day I brought the twins home from the hospital. Granted, I lost half of my blood volume in those 5 short days, but nevertheless, I am gaining weight weekly and IT MUST STOP. I am putting my foot down (or cupcake as the case may be) and pushing myself away from the snack drawer. Weight Watchers here I come!
One of the things that really got me going on this, beside the mirror, was something I heard recently on an "I Love Lucy" episode where she indicated that she weighs 120 lb and was a size 12. I think we all know that today's size 12 is a lot more than 120 lbs. There is a great deal of size vanity in the fashion industry these days, but I'll spend a whole post on that another day.
I'll share as much as I can with you all along this journey, please share any tips or suggestions you can. Here are the stats: I have about 30 lbs to lose. I am not going to include my current weight or goal weight here, just losses and/or gains (Heaven forbid!).
I am tired of hearing the excuse that I am not getting any younger and my metabolism has slowed down. As if I am supposed to just accept that?!? I don't think so! I am blessed that my blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol are good. The arthritis in my back/hip area though is going to benefit from this loss, and I am sure that my mood and self-assurance will improve.

There are some things I already know, but just do not seem to have the willpower these days.
  • I can not live on chocolate and bread.
  • I can not live without chocolate and bread.
  • The "fork thing" really does work.
  • Use a measuring cup when you make your plate.
    Use the portion plate when making your plate.
  • Don't take bites that you don't count. That's called cheating!
  • Be realistic about your goals.
  • Get moving! You can't lose weight sitting around all day!
  • Drink water, at least 8 glasses a day.

I'm sure there are more, I'll add them as they come to mind.

Yours truly,

Christina

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment