Thursday, April 30, 2009

Proverbs 31 - Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be

Over the course of the next several weeks, I plan to write a blog every week about this study as I progress through this 90-day experience.


It truly is an experience! Since I am currently on day 11, I'll catch you up and then I plan to blog each Monday to update you on the previous week. First, let me say that I have reviewed several books based on Proverbs 31 and have found many that encourage you not to try to be this woman. I don't believe God had King Solomon write this chapter and include it in the Bible if He didn't have a specifc purpose for our lives. Donna Partow shows this very well in her book Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be. It is already making an impact on my daily routines and definitely my focus and purpose.


How I wish I had this book when I first became an adult or at least when I was newly married and had just begun having kids! Here goes, I hope you enjoy this journey with me.


Week 1: First, don't expect just to start reading this book everyday and that's it. There's pre-work before you even begin and practical applications (yes, homework!) every day. Don't get discouraged just yet, it shouldn't take much of your daily time and shouldn't we be tithing our time to God? Isn't it His time anyway? By the end of this week, you can expect to accomplish so many things.

  1. Pre-work includes partial assembly of your personal notebook, which is very much like a planner that you would use on the job.

  2. In addition to the Practical Applications, Time Alone with God, Scripture Memory, Affirmations and Prayers are part of the daily reading included. The Scripture Memory is great, imagine being able to commit Proverbs 31:10-31 to memory in just 90 days!

  3. Check-up and Reflection on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday is your Check-up, here you can catch up on any activities you didn't complete during the week and also check off all of your accomplishments. Sunday is a day of Reflection, as it should be. A great review of what you have learned this week.

Here are a few of my favorite points to whet your appetite:

  • "A woman who is so wise she has figured out how to get the bacon to come to her and has trained her children to be servant-hearted enough to do the frying - now that's a valuable woman!"

  • "Christian meditation almost sounds like an oxymoron...We need to take back meditation!"

  • "Capable women don't complain. They take action to change the situation or have enough faith to accept the things they cannot change."

Thank you Donna for showing us how to become the Proverbs 31 woman, one step at a time with the first priority of fellowship with God!

This is an exciting study! More Monday on week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment